jeudi 12 mai 2016

To heel or not to heel

Nicola Thorp was sent home from PwC's offices where she worked as a receptionist because she wouldn't wear heels.

The eqyuality and Human Rights Commission believe it's sexism as there isn't equally stringent requirements put on men.

I agree, I think women can look professional in flat shoes, though personally I think completely flat look too much like slippers and in terms of foot and posture health they aren't good for you either.

Other odd clothing requirments for women over the years include El Al requiring its stewardesses to wear high heels until take off.

Cannes film festival barred a group of women for wearing rhinestone flats.

BA instructed women to wear skirts after existing staff had been given permission to wear trousers ten years earlier.

UBS - Swiss Bank - instructed its ffemale staff to wear flessh coloured bras beneath white shirts.

Actually the latter, I don't disagree with; in a professional environment why would you wear a dark bra under light clothing?
To heel or not to heel

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire