jeudi 10 mars 2016

good afternoon - simply dreadful weather!!

The cloud is so low it is like looking through fog, and the rain is coming down sideways - it has also gone bitterly cold - such a change from how the weather has been for the last few months.

OH has spent the day so far recovering the seat pads on our dining chairs, and I have been in the kitchen making him the cupcakes he requested for his birthday last month, but asked me to delay making them until after Tuesday's appointment with the Endochrinologist. On our way back to the car from the appointment he asked me if I had forgotten about it (which I hadn't)and then yesterday twice asked when I was planning on making them!! I had asked if he wanted chocolate or vanilla, and he said both!! I know he was thinking that if he said that as I usually make them a dozen at a time, he would get two dozen, but I played him at his own game and made six of each!! I am not being mean, just trying not to encourage him, as he has such a sweet tooth, and the worst person you can imagine having to deal with Type 2 diabetes. I asked him if he wanted one kept out of the freezer for later, and which sort, and he sort of hesitated, so I knew he wanted one of each, but when challenged he replied that it would just be greedy. I kept one chocolate one out, and put the rest in the freezer, but I am prepared to put money on it that by the time we go to bed this evening he will have scoffed a second one straight from the freezer. A Little thing like something being frozen solid has never been known to deter him!! He's had enough of doing the seat pads now - three out of six done, and is going to settle down with his book. This months WandH arrived in the post this morning, so I will probably join him with that. I suspect it won't be long before we light the woodburner as it's so perishing gloomy!!

What are you up to this afternoon?
good afternoon - simply dreadful weather!!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire