I need your help please ladies for deciding on two songs and maybe three.
As many of you know my great uncle Ken (aged 90) has recently deceased and only just earlier this week.
Ken, since his wife Theo died in 2007, wasn't known to be one to often sit and listern to music of any kind despite that fact that is wife (7 years older), and who uncle married when he was 24, was a music and dance teacher.
However uncle did mention to me a few times that he loved and admired Shirley Bassey's singing and shows along with Max Bygraves'.
Ken and his piano teacher wife Theo went to at least two of Shirley's London concerts over the 50s and 60s. His wife played the piano for Max and in at least one of his shows or recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fVP4vdsCJ8
Found this the Theatre Song by Max rather funny and am tempted to slot it in to the service.
Unlce did have a funeral plan set up and a few instructions written down but didn't list any music choices.
As he had no faith and little belief if any in God my husband and I have decided Shirley can sing for uncle on his farewell funeral day.
So please the help I need is deciding the song for his body being brought in to the hall and then song and music for when he departs it. The funeral providers are able to find and play any song we decide upon.
OH thought 'Gold Finger' would raise a smile and make the moment a bit less stuffy as his coffin arrives.
Unlce had lost the top of one finger in a work's machine. Also he lost the top of his left thumb in a coal mining cart accident which happend early on in Ken's life and during WW2.
I'm not sure about it and it could be a tad to brash and loud.
This one I like for the end of the short serivce. Only trouble is that is makes me cry
'Thank you for the years' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbCXyL_xbkM
Dame Shirley Bassey can sure belt those songs out. I have enjoyed some of her songs and found that I knew the words to a fair few :cool:
So your help is needed please friendly forum ladies.
Thanks from me Debbie X

Making An Enterance Theatre and Music I need your help please ladies
As many of you know my great uncle Ken (aged 90) has recently deceased and only just earlier this week.
Ken, since his wife Theo died in 2007, wasn't known to be one to often sit and listern to music of any kind despite that fact that is wife (7 years older), and who uncle married when he was 24, was a music and dance teacher.
However uncle did mention to me a few times that he loved and admired Shirley Bassey's singing and shows along with Max Bygraves'.
Ken and his piano teacher wife Theo went to at least two of Shirley's London concerts over the 50s and 60s. His wife played the piano for Max and in at least one of his shows or recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fVP4vdsCJ8
Found this the Theatre Song by Max rather funny and am tempted to slot it in to the service.
Unlce did have a funeral plan set up and a few instructions written down but didn't list any music choices.
As he had no faith and little belief if any in God my husband and I have decided Shirley can sing for uncle on his farewell funeral day.
So please the help I need is deciding the song for his body being brought in to the hall and then song and music for when he departs it. The funeral providers are able to find and play any song we decide upon.
OH thought 'Gold Finger' would raise a smile and make the moment a bit less stuffy as his coffin arrives.
Unlce had lost the top of one finger in a work's machine. Also he lost the top of his left thumb in a coal mining cart accident which happend early on in Ken's life and during WW2.
I'm not sure about it and it could be a tad to brash and loud.
This one I like for the end of the short serivce. Only trouble is that is makes me cry
'Thank you for the years' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbCXyL_xbkM
Dame Shirley Bassey can sure belt those songs out. I have enjoyed some of her songs and found that I knew the words to a fair few :cool:
So your help is needed please friendly forum ladies.
Thanks from me Debbie X
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire