I have an appointment at a local hospital next week and had a reminder text on Monday saying that missed appointments cost the NHS £160 so could I text YES, REBOOK or CANCEL. Quite happy to do that, BUT, after several attempts resulting in a "sending failed" message I gave up. I checked my PAYG balance and sent a test text to my DIL which worked. Tried again and got the same message. Checked my appointment letter but no text number.
Today another text arrives saying "please reply". Same palaver, so I try ringing the number the text came from. Not recognised! I try what looks like a local phone number on my letter but get an automated booking service with a lovely long message at the start to waste more of my time.
Out comes the iPad and I look up the hospital number. Ring up and speak to a person on reception who says "It's a company, it's nothing to do with us. I'll put you through to appointments."
Appointments lady confirms my appointment and says "It's a company. We've told them the number doesn't work. Lots of people are having problems."
This system is actually a good idea, but only if "the company" uses a number that works. Since they can't be @rsed to they've wasted my time, the receptionist's time and the appointments lady's time. But I expect they're still getting paid.
Bloomin' NHS outsourcing!?!*^#
Today another text arrives saying "please reply". Same palaver, so I try ringing the number the text came from. Not recognised! I try what looks like a local phone number on my letter but get an automated booking service with a lovely long message at the start to waste more of my time.
Out comes the iPad and I look up the hospital number. Ring up and speak to a person on reception who says "It's a company, it's nothing to do with us. I'll put you through to appointments."
Appointments lady confirms my appointment and says "It's a company. We've told them the number doesn't work. Lots of people are having problems."
This system is actually a good idea, but only if "the company" uses a number that works. Since they can't be @rsed to they've wasted my time, the receptionist's time and the appointments lady's time. But I expect they're still getting paid.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire