vendredi 18 mars 2016

Friday at last

Calling all Girls, Good Morning,

So pleased it's Friday, not sure why but I think it has always been a favorite day of mine - because it means the weekend will be coming anytime soon. Now I have the lessons Tuesdays and Fridays the days between seem to go so fast.

Thought I'd rise and shine this morning but it's more pull myself up and get on with it like or not. Garden chap coming shortly and lad coming to sort the pool so I'm in like it or not. Made a start with the utility room, smells fresher, looks cleaner but as I've moved out to the kitchen I've slumped. Don't know what's wrong with me these last few weeks but my energy reserve has deserted me and I'm feeling a bit glum - guess it's all that's going on around me, OH is under the weather (still really sore from his fall and won't have an x-ray.) 400 km trip looming 25th March on the bike and it's kind of feel the fear and do it anyway. He asked last night if I have thermals so I guess I will be needing them. At least my helmet doesn't hurt like it used to so I can only assume that my longer hair is cushioning the hard bits behind my ears. Would like a road trip to be honest but not on a bike in temps below 20C and besides I'm not sure that the scenery will lift the spirits.

Have to book the dogs into kennels this morning for the time we're away, pick up Ruby's meds and collect their food supply from the breeder - doubt if what they have left will be sufficient till next week.

D's property complete and ready to move into so hope the new tenants will appreciate our efforts. Our own tenants have already phoned our Agent asking when their deposit will be returned but were promptly told it'll be a while because of the mess they left. I have to make up a list of what needs replacing, what needs tossed (their stuff, not mine), receive quotes for deep cleaning and carpet clean. There is a distinct heavy smell of curry throughout the house which has seeped into the fabrics on both floors and there are two greasy head/hair stains on the headboard - if they don't come out I'll have to replace with a new one. Having been through this so many times before I have decided to stop being so accommodating and charge those moving out for all the damage they have done them having left leaving it in a tip. According to the Agent the claim process could take up to 3 months so I guess the tenants will have to wait while meanwhile I have to pay up front for all that has to be done with no guarantee the Loss Adjustors will accept that the tenants should pay. Thankfully there are lots of photos to back everything up. I feel awful for being such a grouch but I'm so fed up of having to sort these messes out and dragging my sister away from what she has to do to keep an eye on the mischief. She doesn't complain and is a blessing - had she not been around I doubt D's house would be ready now as the Agents are very good at writing long lists of things to do and charging you plus their 15% which goes on all invoices including the monthly management fee.

I'd better shut up and stop moaning - far worse things going on around me but I guess that's part reason for my glum mood too - need to stop watching the News awhile me thinks.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. xxx
Friday at last

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire