:( It isn't just the possibility that my great uncle Ken could have passed away but also now it's about my mum :confused:
Last Friday she phoned me and sounded worried right from the start of the conversation.
She rarely phones me so I guessed something was up before she even got to the point of her call.
It turns out she had the results back of recent tests her GP wanted her to do ages ago.
Mum had been putitng things off for months so I did suspect there might be a problem.
I wasn't expecting what she went on to say but if I'm honest it isn't a total surprise.
Mum said the tests detected blood in her urine and along with her now very high BP this is far from a good sign as I am sure you all agree.
Added to this is that, as some of you may recall, my mum had cancerous growth in her nose, found in spring 2012, and had to have the growth removed.
Mum had follow on radiotherapy soon after she was operated on and has been far from well or settled since.
I last saw mum at the end of September this on our way down and back from my and OH's holiday in Cornwall.
Since then I have been either to busy sorting out things for my great uncle or too ill myself to travel to see mum.
My sister and family thankfully only live five minutes drive away from mum.
Mum also has a good dozen church friends and other family who live lcoal so mum isn't issolated.
Saying this though last Friday mum did asked if I could visit her.
My gut reaction was to say yes of course.
I explained I will go down as soon as possible and when I'm less dizzy I plan to go down by train.
I can tell that in phoning me Mum is very worried and in a panic about what more tests and the soon to be done MRI scan will show up.
11659359_10155810312760287_1595496088384213437_n(1).jpg
Taken this year. Me and my mum who lives down in Dorset.
Thinking of all those on here who have been touched by cancer in one way or another.
Last Friday she phoned me and sounded worried right from the start of the conversation.
She rarely phones me so I guessed something was up before she even got to the point of her call.
It turns out she had the results back of recent tests her GP wanted her to do ages ago.
Mum had been putitng things off for months so I did suspect there might be a problem.
I wasn't expecting what she went on to say but if I'm honest it isn't a total surprise.
Mum said the tests detected blood in her urine and along with her now very high BP this is far from a good sign as I am sure you all agree.
Added to this is that, as some of you may recall, my mum had cancerous growth in her nose, found in spring 2012, and had to have the growth removed.
Mum had follow on radiotherapy soon after she was operated on and has been far from well or settled since.
I last saw mum at the end of September this on our way down and back from my and OH's holiday in Cornwall.
Since then I have been either to busy sorting out things for my great uncle or too ill myself to travel to see mum.
My sister and family thankfully only live five minutes drive away from mum.
Mum also has a good dozen church friends and other family who live lcoal so mum isn't issolated.
Saying this though last Friday mum did asked if I could visit her.
My gut reaction was to say yes of course.
I explained I will go down as soon as possible and when I'm less dizzy I plan to go down by train.
I can tell that in phoning me Mum is very worried and in a panic about what more tests and the soon to be done MRI scan will show up.
11659359_10155810312760287_1595496088384213437_n(1).jpg
Taken this year. Me and my mum who lives down in Dorset.
Thinking of all those on here who have been touched by cancer in one way or another.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire