I know many of you have been through this sort of scenario, but it annoys the **** out of me every time it happens.
Mr Rosa's 91 yr old aunt is now very ill, with leukaemia, and is in a Nursing Home. She is, literally, at death's door, bless her, and has deteriorated rapidly in a matter of days.
PoA, for Mr R and myself has been requested, but it's still going to take several weeks. It seems she may actually pass away before it comes through...but Mr R is then the executor. Even though we don't have PoA yet, we're going through her paperwork (which seems to have been untouched for about five years!) to try and get it into some semblance of order.
Her house/contents insurance policy document states that the Insurance Co. must be informed if her property is unoccupied for over 30 days so, this morning, I phoned the insurance co. to tell them she'd gone into a Nursing Home. I explained that we don't have PoA yet, but it has been requested, and that the Aunt is unable to deal with her own affairs any more, as she's in a Nursing Home...dying...but do you think they'd talk to me?:( They insisted that they had to speak to the policy holder, or wait until the PoA comes through...which could still take two months.
I was simply trying to do what it says in the Policy Document and tell them that the property is unoccupied (the policy becomes invalid if they're not informed); I wasn't trying to make any changes to the policy, make a claim or close it.
After failing to convince the girl that I was simply doing what the Policy Document tells you to do, I asked to speak to her Supervisor...who grudgingly agreed to make a note on the Policy, of my name, and the date the Aunt went into the Nursing Home.
It's so infuriating, and it makes what's a very difficult time for relatives, even worse. Surely these companies could put some sort of a procedure in place to cover situations like this?
Aaargh!!
Mr Rosa's 91 yr old aunt is now very ill, with leukaemia, and is in a Nursing Home. She is, literally, at death's door, bless her, and has deteriorated rapidly in a matter of days.
PoA, for Mr R and myself has been requested, but it's still going to take several weeks. It seems she may actually pass away before it comes through...but Mr R is then the executor. Even though we don't have PoA yet, we're going through her paperwork (which seems to have been untouched for about five years!) to try and get it into some semblance of order.
Her house/contents insurance policy document states that the Insurance Co. must be informed if her property is unoccupied for over 30 days so, this morning, I phoned the insurance co. to tell them she'd gone into a Nursing Home. I explained that we don't have PoA yet, but it has been requested, and that the Aunt is unable to deal with her own affairs any more, as she's in a Nursing Home...dying...but do you think they'd talk to me?:( They insisted that they had to speak to the policy holder, or wait until the PoA comes through...which could still take two months.
I was simply trying to do what it says in the Policy Document and tell them that the property is unoccupied (the policy becomes invalid if they're not informed); I wasn't trying to make any changes to the policy, make a claim or close it.
After failing to convince the girl that I was simply doing what the Policy Document tells you to do, I asked to speak to her Supervisor...who grudgingly agreed to make a note on the Policy, of my name, and the date the Aunt went into the Nursing Home.
It's so infuriating, and it makes what's a very difficult time for relatives, even worse. Surely these companies could put some sort of a procedure in place to cover situations like this?
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire