lundi 11 janvier 2016

Returning to the fold ...

... because I've missed you! I've been 'following' a bit lately to see what's happening, and yes it IS sad that things seem to be quietening down. So, never being an advocate for the quiet life, I thought I'd come back and be noisy ... if you'll still have me!

And no, just to get it out of the way, I never did flounce off - I just chose to protect myself from the negativity that was going around a while back!

But as for coming back to the fold, I don't know how long that'll be for. We're off to Australia for 10 weeks in a month or so and, just because I hate life to be boring, we're moving house the week before we leave - or, more precisely, we're moving into a hotel for a few days while our furniture's being moved and stored. Looks like we'll be exchanging contracts the day before Oz with a deferred completion date, moving into our quirky canal-side home when we return from Australia! Thank goodness the solicitor's happy to do business via email and Skype!

Unbelievably, most of my Oz packing's done so that it doesn't disappear into storage, most of our itinerary's sorted, camper van's booked for two weeks for the Indian Ocean Road, motel's booked for the Great Ocean Road, cottage on Rottnest Island sorted as well as some weekend trips & days out with my D and her partner.

I'll shut up now otherwise you'll get rid of me before I've even started!

Oh, and just before I go - I noticed Zib had a post on meditation in schools a day or two ago. I once led a very challenging primary school in a highly disadvantaged area and, despite using every trick in the book to bring behaviour under control, it was an uphill task. I worked with someone to train all the staff in leading meditation. We then started every day and afternoon with 'Silent Sitting' - I decided the parents might rebel if we used the 'M' word. It worked like magic and behaviour was turned around in no time, with children becoming calmer, kinder, more empathic, more at ease with themselves - and it had a positive impact on standards. Ever a risk-taker, I was so glad I took that one!

Bye for now - good to be back again!
Returning to the fold ...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire