I've just been on the W&H home page and was delighted to see that they are promoting the forums there under networking. Guess what they've chosen to feature? There are 5 of our posts and in pride of place bottom left one of our favourite foreign abortionists. For crying out loud! Who would join a forum where the posts are in a foreign language and when you do work it out..............
Natalie Cornish wrote this in August 2014
"Spam issues
Hi everyone,
Just a note to say that we're sorry about the amount of spam on the forum at the moment.
I've actually met with our tech team today to discuss this as I know it's incredibly off putting and frustrating for us too. We are moderating everyday but unfortunately we cannot patrol the forum 24/7, and we seem to be seeing a surge in spam posts at the moment. This is quite common on forums due to bots. Many of these spammers are automated so change their email addresses as soon as they are blocked which makes it even more difficult. I am working with the team though to try and find a way around it.
My team and I spend a lot of time trying to make sure the forum is a nice place to be, and this is as annoying for us as it is for you.
Please bear with us and feel reassured that we are taking it seriously.
Natalie"
Natalie is still listed as social editor, so I presume she is still working on this.
I think it creates a dreadful impression of women when this problem is so very prevalent on here but just isn't a feature of eg Trucknet, MSE, cruisecritic, WetCanvas and so many others that are gender neutral.
Natalie wrote "We are moderating every day". So have you chosen to put abortion spam on your home page? Do you need to make changes in your tech team?
If I was a newcomer to W&H I'd be disturbed by the home page.
Woman and home - the home of abortions
Natalie Cornish wrote this in August 2014
"Spam issues
Hi everyone,
Just a note to say that we're sorry about the amount of spam on the forum at the moment.
I've actually met with our tech team today to discuss this as I know it's incredibly off putting and frustrating for us too. We are moderating everyday but unfortunately we cannot patrol the forum 24/7, and we seem to be seeing a surge in spam posts at the moment. This is quite common on forums due to bots. Many of these spammers are automated so change their email addresses as soon as they are blocked which makes it even more difficult. I am working with the team though to try and find a way around it.
My team and I spend a lot of time trying to make sure the forum is a nice place to be, and this is as annoying for us as it is for you.
Please bear with us and feel reassured that we are taking it seriously.
Natalie"
Natalie is still listed as social editor, so I presume she is still working on this.
I think it creates a dreadful impression of women when this problem is so very prevalent on here but just isn't a feature of eg Trucknet, MSE, cruisecritic, WetCanvas and so many others that are gender neutral.
Natalie wrote "We are moderating every day". So have you chosen to put abortion spam on your home page? Do you need to make changes in your tech team?
If I was a newcomer to W&H I'd be disturbed by the home page.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire