lundi 8 février 2016

Arrivederci Florence ciao Suffolk coast

We finally moved into our new house on November 24th 2015. We left Florence on the 12th Nov our furniture left on the 6th Nov and We stayed in a holiday let close to our house until We completed.

It all worked like a dream, the final sale of our apartment, the monies transfered to forex broker from Italy then the sterling to our Solicitors here. The last few weeks in Italy were very emozionale saying our farewells to our neighbours and friends.

Once the furniture arrived ( same day as completion) it was all systems go and I can honestly say We did not stop until Christmas when We just relaxed over the holiday and then got back down to business in early Jan. It is a brand new house and all the flooring was in and I had all the drapes and blinds chossen and bought and fitted for when We moved in. We are almost done just waiting for a delivery of a bed for the spare room.

I have a lovely fiat 500L which I ordered a week after We arrived and was deliverd in two weeks so only needed the hire car for 3 weeks. The Financial cost of relocating was huge sa you can well imagine but never realised the extent of emotions that I went through and am still feeling.

It is lovely to be close to the family, live in a nice new house in a lovely area and to be able to understand every Word that is being spoken!!! But now We have done all We can and I am not so busy I really miss my life in Florence Italy. Che sarà sarà maybe one day I will go back.

Where We are living is lovely. The seaside town of Aldebrugh is 7 miles away a 10 min drive and Southwold a 20 mins drive plus the beautiful countryside all around, farm shops for lovely veg and the lovely beach at Dunwich and the Heath for walking. I can walk to our local high street where there are a few local shops including a butchers and a bakers, waitrose, a small tesco and two lovely resturants. There is a doctors surgery, dentist and a train station all of which takes me about 10 to 15 mins to walk to.

I registered with the dentist and needed a GP so also registered at the local doctors surgery. Went for a pre registration appointment, blood pressure was a bit high so have since had a monitor fitted for a day but it was fine. I have also had a letter for an appointment for a mamagram so well and truly back in the system. All that about expats having to wait 6 months it's a load of b******.

Feeling at a bit of a loss now so applied for a job for 16 Hours a week. Was invited for an interview, offered the job and start on the 17th Feb. Felt pleased with myself as I have not worked for 7.5 years and first interview in 10 years. It's onwards for me all change, being the new girl everywhere but then I am only happy when life is a challenge and a new adventure.
Arrivederci Florence ciao Suffolk coast

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire