I am in a terrible state, a fire was lit behind the house two houses behind us. I heard the Helis in the Mall, back and forth. When we came out, there was a pall of smoke over our way. We dashed home, and now the fire is approaching Ou Kaapse Weg, very fast. The bushes are only two feet high, but the thing is that there is a spotter plane going round and round over our house, and Helicopters going back and forth around twenty feet above our house, one every other minute! The noise is horrendous and it has got me shaking like a leaf. Peter had to give me ear muffs which have helped, but again the smell is terrible and it is ruining my lungs. If ever we needed impetus to leave, this is it. We have had enough! The ANC is running scared before the local elections. So much is going wrong for them. Both the ANC candidates in charge at Cape Town are on charges of rape and corruption.
They are quite determined to use all our water supplies and all the money from the Municipality. The local school at Masiphumelele have threatened to burn the high school down in their township, fairly near us, unless the Principal is sacked. They say there are not enough school books - no doubt lost or sold, they need new doors, obviously stolen by parents or older pupils, also windows need replacing. Who else would do all this but the natives who live there? Plus there is a need for two more high schools and three primary schools. Their demands are getting ridiculous, and they are using all our resources.
It is all a big set up.
I have just spoken to my neighbour, with the young child. She came and spoke to me in the car and could see what sort of state I was in. I thanked her for keeping the child as quiet as she can, as I am so sensitive to noise, and she said that she is glad that her daughter saw me, as sometimes, she thinks that Danielle is making it up when she tells her to shoosh and not be so noisy. The fire seems out at the back of us, but they are still coming over us every other minute and right above our house with a bucket. A previous fire a couple of months ago at Cape Point, an elderly helicopter pilot hurtled to the ground and died, so that is the fear here. I just wish, as the fire is past us now, that they would take water from the Atlantic side instead of from over False Bay and coming right over the house. This is the second time this has happened, and the last time, the fire took two days to put out.
I just hope they won't set more fires tonight, when Helicopterss can't fly!
Fire!!
They are quite determined to use all our water supplies and all the money from the Municipality. The local school at Masiphumelele have threatened to burn the high school down in their township, fairly near us, unless the Principal is sacked. They say there are not enough school books - no doubt lost or sold, they need new doors, obviously stolen by parents or older pupils, also windows need replacing. Who else would do all this but the natives who live there? Plus there is a need for two more high schools and three primary schools. Their demands are getting ridiculous, and they are using all our resources.
It is all a big set up.
I have just spoken to my neighbour, with the young child. She came and spoke to me in the car and could see what sort of state I was in. I thanked her for keeping the child as quiet as she can, as I am so sensitive to noise, and she said that she is glad that her daughter saw me, as sometimes, she thinks that Danielle is making it up when she tells her to shoosh and not be so noisy. The fire seems out at the back of us, but they are still coming over us every other minute and right above our house with a bucket. A previous fire a couple of months ago at Cape Point, an elderly helicopter pilot hurtled to the ground and died, so that is the fear here. I just wish, as the fire is past us now, that they would take water from the Atlantic side instead of from over False Bay and coming right over the house. This is the second time this has happened, and the last time, the fire took two days to put out.
I just hope they won't set more fires tonight, when Helicopterss can't fly!
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire