Mr R and I set off as we usually do, on a Saturday, to do our weekly shop about half a mile away. We then drove, almost literally, over the road to the Pet Store and stocked up with frozen tripe. We set off for home but, when we got to the first road junction, as we pulled away, the car missed a gear, which is strange as it's an automatic. Mr R tried to drive off again...and nothing...just a whirring sound. The engine works, but the gears wouldn't engage.
"I'll have to phone the AA", said Mr R. I hadn't taken my handbag with me, but the last thing I'd said to him when we left home was "you've got your wallet and your phone, haven't you"? "Yes" he said.
But he hadn't! Neither of us had a phone. So he stayed with the car, and I walked the half mile home to get his phone...then walked back to him. He phoned the AA, who said half-an-hour, but by this time the tripe was beginning to make it's presence known, so we put it in a bin liner, which by sheer chance we'd just bought, and I walked the half mile home again, carrying 4kgs of tripe, so I could put it in the freezer.
Forty five minutes later, I texted and asked if the AA had turned up, and they hadn't so Mr R phoned again, and they said it would be another half-an-hour. Then they texted him and said it would be another 30 mins! :(
They did finally turn up, decided there was nothing they could do, and are currently towing him to a garage. We left to go shopping at 10.45 this morning, and it's now quarter past four!
Poor Mr R has got a really chesty cold too, so he's having a rotten day. The only good thing was that the car was full of our shopping, so he didn't starve while he was waiting!
He should be home soon, so I'll go and put the kettle on. I just hope the AA man is kind enough to bring him, and our shopping, home!:rolleyes:
Not a good day.
"I'll have to phone the AA", said Mr R. I hadn't taken my handbag with me, but the last thing I'd said to him when we left home was "you've got your wallet and your phone, haven't you"? "Yes" he said.
But he hadn't! Neither of us had a phone. So he stayed with the car, and I walked the half mile home to get his phone...then walked back to him. He phoned the AA, who said half-an-hour, but by this time the tripe was beginning to make it's presence known, so we put it in a bin liner, which by sheer chance we'd just bought, and I walked the half mile home again, carrying 4kgs of tripe, so I could put it in the freezer.
Forty five minutes later, I texted and asked if the AA had turned up, and they hadn't so Mr R phoned again, and they said it would be another half-an-hour. Then they texted him and said it would be another 30 mins! :(
They did finally turn up, decided there was nothing they could do, and are currently towing him to a garage. We left to go shopping at 10.45 this morning, and it's now quarter past four!
Poor Mr R has got a really chesty cold too, so he's having a rotten day. The only good thing was that the car was full of our shopping, so he didn't starve while he was waiting!
He should be home soon, so I'll go and put the kettle on. I just hope the AA man is kind enough to bring him, and our shopping, home!:rolleyes:
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire